How you can help a loved one with
How you can
help a loved
Having a loved one with hearing loss can be challenging for everyone involved. We're here to help!
- Some common strategies for communicating with loved ones with hearing loss include:
- Facing the person while speaking
- Don't chew or cover your mouth while speaking
- Talking slower, not necessarily louder
- Try rephrasing, not just repeating
- Use facial and hand gestures
Encourage loved ones to make an appointment to get their hearing checked. We always encourage "extra ears" at the appointment, so feel free to come along!
We will explain the hearing test results and make recommendations for a solution that fits your loved ones needs.